Planning, Marketing and Product Evaluation Services for Wineries
Specializing in Small Wineries and Vineyards East of the Rockies
- 35 years of experience in the wine industry, including 15 years of organizing seminars for wine industry conferences and ten years organizing IEWC, a major wine competition.
- 30 years of writing on the Virginia and Eastern wine industries, published Beyond Jefferson’s Vines on the Virginia wine industry in 2012 to wide praise and a new second edition in 2014 available through Amazon and on Kindle.
- Consulting to a wide number of industry clients and wineries since 1999.
- Potential to collaborate with winemaking consultant Tom Payette for product refinement.
- Instrumental in the branding of today’s Virginia wine industry with British wine writers.
Services for Established Wineries
- Evaluation of product line quality/style, positioning, pricing, and packaging
- Evaluation of channel revenues, ROI incl. the Tasting Room
- Branding and communication services including writing and editing
- Evaluation of existing marketing plan, identifying new opportunities and goals
Services for New Wineries
- Strategic Planning for Starting Successfully, Saving Time and Money
- Marketing Plans
- Brand creation and development
Current and Previous Clients
Fox Run Vineyards (2018)
New Jersey State Dept. of Agriculture Conservation (2014) Services
Eastern Winery Exposition (2012-present)
The Virginia Board Wine Marketing Office (since 2008)
The Virginia Wine Governor’s Cup (2012)
William & Mary Roads Scholars (2008-2010)
Breaux Vineyards (2009)
Piedmont Virginia Community College (2006, 2011)
Annual Drink Local Wine conferences (since 2009)
Sharp Rock Vineyards (2007-08)
Kevin Zraly, Sterling Publishing (2008)
Northern Michigan Vintners Association (2008)
The Virginia Wine Experience in London (2007)
The Williamsburg Winery (2004)
Smith & Wollensky Restaurants (2004)
Chrysalis Vineyards (1999)