Planning, Marketing and Product Evaluation Services for Wineries
Specializing in Small Wineries and Vineyards East of the Rockies
- 35 years of experience in the wine industry, including 15 years of organizing seminars for wine industry conferences and ten years organizing IEWC, a major wine competition.
- 30 years of writing on the Virginia and Eastern wine industries, published Beyond Jefferson’s Vines on the Virginia wine industry in 2012 to wide praise and a new second edition in 2014 available through Amazon and on Kindle.
- Consulting to a wide number of industry clients and wineries since 1999.
- Potential to collaborate with winemaking consultant Tom Payette for product refinement.
- Instrumental in the branding of today’s Virginia wine industry with British wine writers.
For availability, pricing and policies, email Richard with “Request for Consultation” in the subject field
Services for Established Wineries
- Evaluation of product line quality/style, positioning, pricing, and packaging
- Evaluation of channel revenues, ROI incl. the Tasting Room
- Branding and communication services including writing and editing
- Evaluation of existing marketing plan, identifying new opportunities and goals
Services for New Wineries
- Strategic Planning for Starting Successfully, Saving Time and Money
- Marketing Plans
- Brand creation and development
Current and Previous Clients
New Jersey State Dept. of Agriculture Conservation (2014) Services
Eastern Winery Exposition (2012-present)
The Virginia Board Wine Marketing Office (since 2008)
The Virginia Wine Governor’s Cup (2012)
William & Mary Roads Scholars (since 2008)
Breaux Vineyards (2009)
Piedmont Virginia Community College (2006, 2011)
Annual Drink Local Wine conferences (since 2009)
Sharp Rock Vineyards (2007-08)
Kevin Zraly, Sterling Publishing (2008)
Northern Michigan Vintners Association (2008)
The Virginia Wine Experience in London (2007)
The Williamsburg Winery (2004)
Smith & Wollensky Restaurants (2004)
Chrysalis Vineyards (1999)